Why Join ActiveTravels?
We understand that our $60 annual membership per household might seem like a lot of money to hand over, but we believe you’ll receive a great return on your investment.
Here’s what we offer:
• Travel Consulting from a Professional Travel Writer who’s visited more than 80 countries these past 20 years. Someone who would love to ensure that every vacation you take is a trip of a lifetime. His stamp of approval may save you far more than $60 on your next trip. It could spell the difference between a dream trip and disaster.
• VIP Service from Resorts, Travel Companies, and Cruises. This not only stems from Steve’s connections writing about the travel world the past two decades, but Lisa’s alignment with The Virtuoso Network. Book through Virtuoso and very often you’ll be getting free breakfasts, complimentary upgrades, and other freebies you would not receive if you booked on your own.
• Detailed Analysis of A Personalized Travel Questionnaire that will help us custom fit each vacation to your desires like a good tailor custom fits a suit.
• Monthly E-Newsletters that focus on all the news that’s happening right now in the travel world. We receive hundreds of emails each day that highlight some component of travel. We’ll pass on to you the most intriguing stories, especially if they concern our areas of expertise: family travel, luxury travel, adventure travel, food, and the arts. We’ll also share our favorite travel websites and pass along travel secrets like what’s on our packing list.
• A wealth of information on each locale from Steve’s 1200-Plus Travel Articles and 11 Guidebooks. So, for instance, if you’re headed to Paris, we’ll email you Steve’s story on “Eating Our Way Through Paris” that recently appeared in The Boston Globe.
• A Library of Video Snapshots where Steve and other special guests summarize the must-see attractions, restaurants, and hotels in cities and countries around the globe. Get the essential gist of each locale in an easily digestible way.
• Clout! A large membership base can lead to preferential treatment at resorts, which can lead to better rooms and free upgrades. It can also help us get a decent group rate on travel insurance and a membership into VIP lounges at airports around the globe, both of which we’ll be looking into.
• Client-Only Travel Packages that Lisa will design based on incredible cultural experiences happening around the world. For example, if there’s a Van Gogh show at the Musee D’Orsay, we might design a trip around Paris and the small villages Van Gogh painted like Arles.
• Clients close to our home base in Boston also have the benefit of joining us for nearby hikes and bike rides led by Steve and Lisa. For example, we may climb Mount Monadnock, another time head to Vermont for a Bike and Brew Weekend. We’ll also be hosting a travel salon where our members can share their travel experiences with other members.